Monday, July 8, 2013

Marinated Mushroom Skewers


Ger made me back squat more than I was planning to load on the bar tonight, but, you know what? I did it. 6 rounds of 6. I guess Ger knows how strong I am better than I do. Thanks, coach! Lots of good coaching going on tonight, and busy classes! I just love seeing the Crossfit Kids classes starting up, too. We have some really great little dudes and girls in those classes.
So, I was hungry when I got home from the box.

I soaked 7 bamboo skewers. I made up the marinade by stirring up the following ingredients into a small bowl:

2 TBSP Macadamia Nut oil (olive oil works great, too)
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp red pepper
sea salt and black pepper, to taste

Next, I got a large container of portobello mushrooms and several sweet pepper rounds of different colors out of the fridge and cut them up. I cut each mushroom in half, top to bottom, like in the photo.
I skewered the vegetables and laid them in a pan.
I used a silicone brush to coat the vegetables. There was a little left and I just poured it on there, too!  I set the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes. (more would be fine, too)
(Then I cooked a big skillet of grass fed llama and sausage in organic pasta sauce.)

After the mushrooms had marinated 30 minutes, I popped them into a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. (They will be fine in there for a while if they need to stay warm a while longer....)

Pretty. Delicious. See?  They will be great this way on the grill, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment