Saturday, July 27, 2013

Paleo White Peach Cobbler


I went to Central City Market this morning and found a bounty of fresh produce. I wanted to do something with the beautiful white peaches first so this is IT! Now, you can make it with yellow peaches, too, but if you can get fresh local ripe white peaches..... well, you won't regret it!

I peeled and sliced 6 big white peaches and laid them in a 9 x 12 baking pan that I'd rubbed with coconut oil.
In a bowl, I stirred up the following ingredients:

1/3 cup local honey (if you use raw honey, you might want to warm it a bit so it will mix better)
2/3 cup unblanched almond flour (but blanched would be fine)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup organic coconut milk from a can
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup pecan pieces

I put this mixture on top of the peaches and spread it out a little. (It didn't cover all the peaches)



In a small glass dish I melted 4 TBSP pasture butter (Kerry Gold, from grass fed cows) and then poured it over the top of the cobbler.  (Is your mouth watering yet? Wait until your kitchen starts smelling like heaven....)

The last thing I did was to sprinkle the cobbler with a little cinnamon.

I put it into a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Isaac and I really love this one. Ger and Cassie will be back tonight - I bet they like it, too!!!!!!

Some people like a nice peach cobbler with some paleo vanilla ice cream on top, or maybe just a splash of heavy whipping cream.....


Here's one of my favorite photos of Cassie. She's quite an athlete in her own right, a great Crossfit coach, and does an amazing job with Crossfit Countdown's Crossfit Kids classes. I am proud to be feeding Cassandra Dawn Poff.

No comments:

Post a Comment