Friday, July 5, 2013

Lemon Shrimp Kebabs


I took 3 packages of large frozen shrimp and thawed them in the fridge. I sliced 4 lemons in thin slices. I soaked 10 bamboo skewers in water.
I covered a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and rubbed a little coconut oil on it.


I skewered up the shrimp and lemon slices. Each skewer had 9 or 10 pieces of shrimp on there and 3 or 4 lemon slices. I went through the lemon slice twice and then pushed the edges together a little so they made a "u" and didn't take up as much space on the skewer.

I laid each skewer on the pan sideways - my cookie sheets are nice, big, heavy ones - I love them. You should have them, too, if you don't.

I sprinkled them with:
minced garlic (I used fresh from a jar.  Dried minced garlic works, too)
smoked sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
cumin
oregano

I didn't measure.

I cooked them in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. (You might want to look at yours at 10 minutes - ovens vary....)

We slid them off the skewers and squeezed the roasted lemon on them. We had zucchini as a side. It was a quick and  delicious paleo meal. That's how we need for things to be, right?

Please "like" the Feeding Ger Sasser fan page on Facebook - we'd love to talk about food with you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment