Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bison Oven Meatballs



I'm always thinking about simplified cooking with quick clean-up for my paleo people. Meatballs....I used to form them nice and round with my hands and then cook them in a skillet, trying to get them to turn over and stay there..... no, not so much.

Here's how I did it:

In a large bowl I put:
2 lbs bison burger
2 large farm fresh eggs
3 TBSP almond flour
1 tsp minced garlic  (you know we love garlicgold.com, right?)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I mixed this up with my clean hands. Then I washed my hands and covered a big cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Next, I got our my cookie scoop and scooped out the meatballs onto the pan. (SO much faster) It made about 35.  I put them in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.

The photo shows them with my paleo barbecue sauce. It's on this blog as "Moist Paleo Meatloaf with Paleo BBQ Sauce."  You can also just put the word meatloaf into the search box in the top left corner.

If you make bigger meatballs than mine, you might need to adjust your oven time. You might want to add onion. Also Ger said I should put them on a rack next time since they sit in the fat as they cook and might make a little goo around them. I didn't think it was a big deal.
                                                     
                                                                 Meet  Mikko Sasser.

You can also half this recipe if you don't feed the army that I do. That's what my daughter, Jess, does. She halves the recipe and cooks it for the same amount of time, but puts it in a loaf pan, so it's like a little meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment