Friday, April 12, 2013

Seriously Good Soup



I browned 2 lbs grass fed burger (cow, deer, llama.... your choice - I used llama) in a skillet.

In my stock pot, I put:
1  46 oz container V-8 juice, low sodium
2  15 oz cans organic diced tomatoes
2  packages diced fresh butternut squash ( or chop it yourself, but wrists just hate that)
5 organic carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized rounds
1 package fresh crimini and oyster blend mushrooms
2 small zucchini, chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup canned organic coconut milk
2 tsp minced garlic
sea salt and pepper, to taste


I cooked the soup until the carrots and butternut squash were tender. I threw in the burger when it was done, and left it on low.

Just 15 minutes before we ate it, I tore one bunch of organic kale into bite-sized pieces and left it on the top of the soup. (That way it steams, but doesn't get too mushy)

We even put a little shredded BallyShannon KerryGold cheese (from grass-fed cows) on the top. This was some SERIOUSLY GOOD SOUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment