Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Butter


The last 5 Wednesday nights have been exciting around here - we watched the announcement of Open WOD 13.5 while we ate dinner. I'd made oven-baked chicken breasts and cabbage and spinach. I'd also come up with this quick pumpkin butter, thinking it might be interesting with chicken breast...... and when Ger dipped his chicken into the pumpkin butter ( I know that wounds weird.....) and maybe he was REALLY hungry...... but he said, "This is some of the best stuff I've ever put in my mouth!"  It sounded more like, "Thisisthebeststufffi'veeeverputnmymouth!" but I'm sure that's what he said.
       Isaac even ate a lot of it! Needless to day, there wasn't any left over. I'd been thinking how it might be good in steel-cut oats.... (yes, I once-in-a-while have oats, but Ger doesn't.) But, I won't have oats now since the pumpkin butter is gone.  I may make it again tomorrow!

I put all these ingredients into a saucepan and heated it slowly on low, just to melt the coconut oil and raw honey:

2 cans organic pumpkin
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp dried ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw honey (that's just 4 TBSP)
1 tsp vanilla

I stirred it well and served it with chicken breasts. Let me know if you love it, too, or if you just think we are crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment