Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paleo Garlic Salmon



Ever wonder if you are eating enough fish? Salmon is so good for you in so many ways... reducing inflammation, cognitive function, (brain food!)  cancer prevention, eye health, cardiovascular strength, and it even helps with great skin! Add garlic to the recipe and you just can't go wrong.

I preheated the oven to 450 degrees.

I rubbed coconut oil on 2 pieces of aluminum foil. I placed one of them on a cookie sheet, coconut oil up and laid a big slab of salmon on there, skin side down.

Next, I sprinkled Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt, (salttraders.com) freshly ground black pepper, minced garlic, (garlicgold.com) and dried dill. I didn't measure, but I used more than it really looks like in the photo.

The last thing I did was put the second piece of aluminum foil, coconut oil side down, on top of the salmon. I folded the 2 pieces together all the way around, creating a tight seal so the salmon would steam in there.
I baked it for 20 minutes. The salmon did not have a really thick section - if yours does, it may take 25 minutes.

The skillet in the photo holds organic kale, zucchini, coconut oil, chicken stock and 1 TBSP of Pampered Chef Artichoke Dip Starter, just to give it a little "heat."

No comments:

Post a Comment