Saturday, April 13, 2013

Paleo Strawberry Cake




I coated a 9 x 12 pan with coconut oil.

I mixed the dry ingredients in a big bowl:
3 cups almond flour
1  tsp baking powder
1  tsp baking soda
1  TBSP cinnamon
1/4  tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt

I mixed the wet ingredients in a small bowl:
1/2  cup coconut oil, melted
1/2  cup raw honey, melted
2 organic eggs
1 TBSP vanilla

I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
I gently folded in:
3 cups sliced organic strawberries
1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
1/2 cup unsweetened big chunky coconut. (Try the coconut and the almond flour from nuts.com!)

I spread the mixture in the pan and baked it for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
                                               
                                                   This cake is paleo springtime on a plate!

Paleo foods really do fuel your WODs, your health, and your life in the best way. Work hard and give your life everything you've got!


No comments:

Post a Comment