Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ham and Red Pepper Frittata





Spring Break is over, and it's back-to-school in the morning. I've been at mom's for a couple of nights, so I wanted to make an easy dinner. I made a big batch of my Pumpkin Paleo Crunch and then I made this frittata.  (Oh, Angie, I'm out of eggs, AGAIN!)

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.

I whisked 12 large farm-fresh eggs in a large bowl. Then I added these ingredients:

8 oz ham, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
12 - 15 stalks of asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
1  TBSP Garlic Gold Nuggets (garlicgold.com) or just minced garlic
1  TBSP chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil

I whisked everything up and poured this into a 9 x 12 glass baking dish that I had rubbed with coconut oil.  I baked this for 20-25 minutes, until the center was set up.

                                                   
                                                         Isn't that a pretty prep picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment