Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Paleo Broiled Pork Chops


These pork chops were 1 inch thick - talk about thick-cut chops! Broiling them is fast and keeps the pork tender and juicy, yet you have a little crispy part on the outside of each chop - - - you are going to love these! I wanted a nice thick paleo sauce for my thick chops and I hope you don't begrudge me that 1 TBSP of raw honey that's in this recipe.

I rubbed coconut oil on my broiler pan and placed the chops on the broiler pan.

In a small sauce pan over medium low heat I put:

1 6 oz can organic tomato paste
3 TBSP water
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com or your favorite sea salt)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets (garlicgold.com)

I stirred until the coconut oil and raw honey had melted.

I preheated the broiler and brushed the sauce on, nice and thick, and broiled them for 8 minutes. Then I took them out, turned them over, and covered them in sauce and put them back in for 8 more minutes.

Perfect! If your pork chops aren't as thick as these were, you should adjust your broiling times down.

Enjoy this quick quality protein with veggies on the side and feed your athletes well! it doesn't take too much work and it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment