Thursday, November 8, 2012

Paleo Fried Chicken Legs


Everyone says fried chicken is a southern thing....a bad southern thing. But, when you fry them in a skillet with coconut oil, they aren't nearly so bad for you! They are GOOD!

I melted 2 heaping TBSP of coconut oil in a skillet. When it was hot, I put in the organic chicken legs ( I think I  cooked 9 - big skillet - big appetites!)
 I did not take the skin off of them. Some like it on and some like it off, so the ones that don't want it can take it off themselves.
 I seasoned them with Smoked Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper AND Private Selection Signature Rub in Kicked Up Poultry, a spice-blend from Kroger.

I got them browned and then turned them over to brown on the other side. I sprinkled them again with the same things.
When they were brown on both sides, I added 2 TBSP water, put a lid on them and turned them down. for 10-15 minutes more. This insures that they will be done in the center, and moist and delicious.

Then I had time to get  some vegetables going.

Come on, guys, have a chicken leg!
(If you're in a hurry, and have no time after work, you can make my Crock Pot Chicken Legs Paleo Recipe)


No comments:

Post a Comment