Saturday, November 17, 2012

Paleo Roasted Plums with Whipped Coconut Milk


I'd bought a container of plums from Sam's Club that just didn't seem to be ripening. I didn't want to waste them, so that's how this recipe came to be. I decided to roast them. They were excellent, and would maybe be even better with nice, ripe plums!

The first thing I did was to put a can of coconut milk in the freezer. (I love Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk from vitacost.com.)

I took 6 plums and washed them and cut them in half. I took out the pits.

I rubbed a big square baking dish with coconut oil.

I put the plums in the dish, cut side down.

In a small bowl, I mixed:
1 cup organic orange juice
1 cup water
1 TBSP Cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp dried Valencia Orange Peel (optional)

I poured the liquid on the plums and put them into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Right before they are done, take the can of coconut milk out of the freezer , open it and spoon out just the thick part at the top of the can. (not the watery part - use it in a protein shake!)
Add 1 TBSP of agave nectar and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired, and whisk. It will thicken and fluff up. If you want to be fancy, and beat it with your mixer, go right ahead, but I didn't bother. It's going to melt on those hot plums pretty quick and turn into a delicious dessert.

Let me know how it goes! (here, or on FB, or Google+, or Pinterest, or at CrossFit Countdown, when you see me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment