Sunday, November 18, 2012

Paleo Cocoa Roasted Pecans


We love pecans, don't you? This is a way to make them even more special. Isaac came into the kitchen and said, "What smells so awesomely awesome?"

I covered a big cookie sheet with foil and rubbed coconut oil on it.

I heated the oven to 350 degrees.

I  took a 1 lb package of pecan halves and put them into a mixing  bowl. I added two simple ingredients - Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa and agave nectar. ( I always make them with raw honey now - even better!)
 I didn't measure. I just guess it would be close to 3 TBSP of agave nectar and 2 TBSP of cocoa.
 I stirred it like crazy, until the cocoa is mixed into the agave and is coating the pecans.
 In the photo above, you can see what they look like - this was before they were put into the oven.

I cooked them for jut over 20 minutes. But, don't go much over that. They would go from just right... to burnt.... very quickly.

We ate them all. Ger even said, "Mom, they're better than the cocoa roasted almonds."
High praise!
Make them both for the holidays and let me know which one YOU like best!

You might want to try my Chili Lime Pecans on this site, too, for a savory kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment