Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin Pecan Paleo Pancakes


I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back, or had devices that do it automatically.

Today we have an extra hour and I love this day in the fall. (not so much in the Spring...) I cannot get enough pumpkin this time of year, so I tweaked up some great-tasting pancakes this morning. They are Ger-approved. (and the rest of us, too!)


I stirred up 5 nice eggs in a bowl.
I added 1 cup of pumpkin. ( I love the 365 pumpkin form Whole Foods)
Then I put in 1/2 cup almond flour and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
Next went in:
1/4 cup coconut milk (almond milk would work, too)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP local honey
1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 pinch sea salt
1 TBSP + 1 tsp MELTED coconut oil
1/4 cup pecan pieces

I stirred until smooth and fluffy with a wooden spoon.

I heated a skillet (not too hot) and added a little coconut oil.  I poured the batter into the skillet with a 1/4 cup measuring cup. This makes them all the same size. After about 3 minutes I flipped them with a spatula and let them cook on the other side for a minute or two. It never takes as long on the second side. I flipped them out onto plates. I put a little coconut oil into the skillet for each batch of 3 or 4.

We really splurged and had a tiny bit of KerryGold Butter (from grass-fed cows) on them. They were so good with my coffee!

Try them. You won't even need syrup, like the old days. Paleo forever, because it works - it makes you feel so much healthier.

                                         
                                                Let me know how they turned out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment