Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Legs Paleo


         Are you feeling too busy to cook another paleo meal?
 Are you stressed from the price of quality food?
Are there not enough hours in the day to work your job, eat healthy foods to fuel your WODS, clean the house, keep up with the laundry, run errands, figure out Halloween costumes, and work on that other project you wish you had time for? ( and, oh, yeah, that home improvement project....and don't even whisper the "Christmas" word.....)

Me, too.

         These organic chicken legs were not too expensive. The crockpot is a good friend to me, but I'd never put chicken legs in there before today.  It turned out all right, though, excellent, even.

They ate every bite!

         I diced 2 organic yellow onions and threw them into the crockpot. (Yes, I threw them - I was in a hurry....)      
          I took the skin off 12 ( maybe it was 10) chicken legs and put them in next. I put sea salt and freshly ground pepper next.
         In a small bowl, I put half of a squeeze-container of Gourmet Gardens Lemongrass. That's about 2 oz, if you choose to use fresh lemongrass, but this stuff is really good and really easy!  I added 1 can of coconut milk, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp smoked paprika, and 1 TBSP whole seed mustard. I also threw in 1/2 tsp Salt Traders Cherry Smoked Sea Salt. I stirred this up and poured it on the chicken legs in the crockpot.
         I put it on low all day.

         I felt like I had accomplished something good when dinner was ready!


This photo was Ger at Barbells For Boobs at CrossFit Thunder. 2012. (He had on pink socks.) This was when he did Grace at 225 lbs! His time was 6:36. Wow.
It's really amazing how far he has come since then. His nutrition, coaching, and life - all on point!


No comments:

Post a Comment