Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Zucchini Pizza Boats






These little pizza boats are so good!

I washed 4 zucchini and cut them in half. I took a teaspoon and ran it down the center of them , to take out a little of the seed. I put them on a foil-covered cookie sheet and brushed them with macadamia nut oil. (Olive oil or melted coconut oil would work great, too) I also sprinkled them with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and minced garlic.

I popped them into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
I took them out at this point and turned the oven up to 400 degrees. I put some KerryGold BallyShannon cheese on them with my cheese grater.

 I know that cheese is dairy, and not paleo, but at least KerryGold is made from grass-fed cows. We love it. So, we aren't 100 paleo. Some days, you gotta' have some NICE cheese.

Anyway, then I put some little sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in half, on them and grated just a bit more cheese on top of that. The last thing was to shake some organic basil on them and pop them into the 400 degree oven for 6 minutes. That's it!

Isaac said he would have eaten them if they had pepperoni on them instead of tomatoes. I will try that for him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment