Sunday, November 11, 2012

Paleo Pork Tenderloin


This Paleo Pork Tenderloin was a celebration tonight. Ger won the WV Mountaineer Games yesterday and that was 2 years in a row! So, today I made his favorite thing, my Paleo Lemon Blueberry Bars, and then I made this beautiful all-natural pork tenderloin. This is such a great way to do it: it's always so moist and tender.

I heated my oven to 500 degrees. I put aluminum foil in a 9 x 12 pan and rubbed a little coconut oil on it. I laid a 2 1/2 lb pork tenderloin in the pan, put a TBSP of coconut oil on top, and also added these dry herbs to the top:

1 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp smoked sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

I cooked the pork tenderloin uncovered in that hot oven for 15 minutes. ( That's 6 minutes a lb) Then, I turned the oven off and put the timer on for an hour. I did not open the oven door - even for a little peek!  The oven gets hot and begins to cook the tenderloin and when I turned it off, the oven just slow-cooked it for the hour, slowing down as it went and leaving it all moist and juicy and perfect. It got plenty hot in the center - no worries.

I fixed a skillet of yellow squash, zucchini, and peppers with marinara sauce.


Here's a great pic of one his PRs yesterday. (He got a 270 snatch and a 315 lb clean and jerk.... what a day) We had 6 athletes competing from CrossFit Countdown - all were in the top 10 - and we took 4 of the 6 podium spots. All of us enjoyed the day so much. Hooty and his judges ran a great competition at Mountaineer CrossFit. Jared Chamberlain took 2nd. Cheree Ross Davis took 1st in the Ladies Division and Sam Hartman took 3rd. It was a day to remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment