Sunday, September 2, 2012

Grass-Fed Burger Skillet




So, in this big skillet I browned 2 lbs of beautiful grass-fed burger.

I diced 2 organic yellow sweet onions and browned them in a smaller skillet with a TBSP of coconut oil, until soft.
  I put the onion into the burger when it was done.
I added 2 cans of Organic Diced Tomatoes. (OR, 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 jar marinara sauce)

While simmering, I added:
 1 tsp Smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
freshly ground pepper.

The last thing to go in is optional but it thickens it up so nicely - a heaping TBSP of coconut cream concentrate, or what many call coconut butter.

It's not in the picture, but we added some diced Kerry Gold cheddar cheese.  Have YOU had Kerry Gold Cheese? Pastured cows really make a big difference. We don't do much cheese, but a little of this stuff now and then is AMAZING. Try it.

ALSO, if you love CABBAGE, you can also throw in a small head of cabbage, chopped, after the burger and cook until tender. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Getting ready to try this.Can't wait to surprise the hubby!! I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete