Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Orange Roughy in Coconut Milk Paleo


I love orange roughy. It doesn't smell "fishy" and has a light, sweet taste.

I thawed 2 packages of orange roughy.
I rubbed a 9 x 12 glass baking dish with coconut oil.
I placed the fillets in the dish and poured 1/2 cup coconut milk over them. I sprinkled them with Maine Woods Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt, lemon pepper and freshly ground pepper. I also put a little Private Selection Signature rub - Asian on them. This blend has black sesame seeds.

The dish went into a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. It might take a couple more minutes if your fish is thick.

In the meantime, I filled a skillet with fresh broccoli and cauliflower. I splashed this with Basic Chicken Stock and simmered while the fish cooked. I added a can of Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes and 1 TBSP Kerry Gold pasture butter.

What a clean, fresh meal to fuel your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment