Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grass Fed Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Pesto Mushrooms


This meatloaf may not look done in the photo but its the sweet potato in there. It was sweet and delicious. It went very well with the Pesto Mushrooms and roasted zucchini.

I diced 2 small organic onions.
I peeled and diced 1 sweet potato. I put it in a glass bowl with water, for 5 minutes, to soften, and then poured off the water.
I put the onions and the sweet potato into a big mixing bowl. I added:
1 cup oats
2 eggs
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Salt Traders Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt ( salttraders.com )
freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 - 2 lbs grass fed beef
I mixed this up and put it into a big square baking dish that had been rubbed with coconut oil.
This went into the oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

I put 5 containers of sliced golden shitake mushrooms in a big skillet. (they were on sale....) I added chicken stock and a container of pesto. (from the cold case because tonight I didn't have time to make my own...) I cooked them until tender while the zucchini roasted in the oven, all covered in coconut oil, basil, and sea salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment