Thursday, September 20, 2012

Italian Pork Chops Paleo Ish


So, John, one of the trainers at our box, is allergic to chicken. His wife, Cheree, told me how she made my "Chicken with Spinach and Ricotta, Paleo Ish" with pork chops on top and that I should make it and share it on this blog. I tweaked it some....and it's a great idea! Thanks, Cheree!

I wilted a 10 oz container of organic baby spinach in a skillet with a tsp of coconut oil and 3 TBSP of water. I put that into a big mixing bowl.
I opened and drained the juice off of a can of organic diced tomatoes and put that into the bowl. (If you don't drain the tomatoes enough, you will have a ricotta mixture under your pork chops that's pink and soupy!)
Then I added:
 12 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
2 oz shredded mozarella
3 organic eggs
I stirred this all up and put it into a 9 x 12 pan that had been rubbed with coconut oil.

I placed 8 thick-cut pork chops on top.  I seasoned them with turmeric, smoked sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and a tiny bit of oregano.
The last thing I added was about 2 TBSP of Garlic Mustard, spread out on the top. ( the mustard is the kind that has the whole mustard seeds showing in the mustard - wow)

I baked this in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour. You will want to adjust your time if your pork chops are thin-cut.
Isn't it nice to eat a meal like this at home and know what you are eating? It will also taste delicious tomorrow at lunch.
Plan your meals. Food is fuel and is so important to your WODs and your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment