Sunday, February 5, 2012

Paleo Bison Vegetable Soup


I always love my mom's vegetable soup with burger, but it's full of potatoes, peas, and corn.  Jessica was feeling bad and wanting soup. This is what I came up with. It's so good!

I poured a container of V8 Low Sodium Vegetable juice in a stock pot. (I've got to can some tomato juice this summer again!)
 I added a cup of chicken stock.
 I peeled and cut up 3 pounds of organic carrots. (those packaged one are sprayed with chlorine - yes, chlorine, like in the swimming pool.....)
I chopped up half a large head of cabbage and threw that in, too.
 Next went  2 packages of fresh mixed mushrooms and a chopped yellow pepper.
I added pepper and turmeric. I put a lid on that and turned it up to boil.

In a large skillet I cooked up 2 pounds of bison burger. ( I also sometimes use grass fed cow, or llama, too!)
I added it to the soup and stirred. I knew if the cabbage and carrots were soft, then dinner was ready!

(I doubled this recipe, but I often feed Ger, so you decide. It's easy to double.)


                    Here he is, perfecting his overhead squat - it's a beautiful thing to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment