Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dinah's Paleo Cake in a Mug

                                                    First pic: Dinah's Paleo Cake in a Mug
                                               Second pic: the batter before the microwave

I've tried a lot of the paleo cakes in mugs, but most were blah, or rubbery, or very dry. So, Istarted thinking about how I could tweak this and make it worth making and eating. Everyone needs a dark chocolate treat now and then and this one is really good AND healthy.

For the record, Ger Sasser wanted me to post that HE doesn't eat this with the dark chocolate chips!

So, get a BIG coffee mug and coat the inside of it with coconut oil, so your cake won't stick.
Add the dry ingredients and stir:
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 heaping TBSP Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
(Just stir it with the fork you are going to eat it with)

Then add the wet ingredients:
2 TBSP maple syrup (or honey)
2 drops real vanilla
1 egg
3 TBSP pumpkin (from a can - this is what makes it so moist)
15 Ghirardeli  60% chocolate chips (Leave this part out if you are making it for Ger!)
Stir, making sure you stir up the bottom.

Put the mug in the microwave for 2 minutes, maybe even a minute, 45 seconds. You don't want it to overcook - it's good when it's a little gooey!!!

I love this recipe. I'm proud of it. I kept making it over and over until I got it just like I wanted it to be - easy, healthy, fast, gooey and warm.  I've even made a Paleo Pumpkin Cake in a Mug, too. It has goji berries in it, so try it, too. Just use the search box to find the recipe here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to save this one for Valentine's Day so I can make it for myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best mug cake I have had so far. I didn't have pumpkin, but I used applesauce instead. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tweaked it many times so it would be moist and delicious and actually good for you! I'll have to add that to the recipe as an option!

      Delete