Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baked Salmon with Broccoli, Cabbage, and Olives


I planned a dinner to keep everyone from getting sick.

I rubbed coconut oil on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Four nice pieces of wild-caught salmon were covered with sweet basil, dill, and lemon-pepper. (I didn't measure the spices - be liberal!) Then I put a tiny piece of grass-fed butter on the center of each one. ( If you don't have grass-fed butter, use a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil) They went into a 350 degree oven for about 17 minutes.

In a skillet I poured 1/4 cup basic chicken stock. (Read the ingredients - I can't believe some of the crap they put in chicken stock!)  Then I cut up a big head of broccoli, about 1/3 of a head of cabbage cut  in long strips, and a can of olives, rinsed. I added a good bit of turmeric and freshly ground pepper. These veggies may not sound like they would go together, but they are so good!

You should try it and tell me how it goes. It's easy to eat real food - just do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment