Saturday, August 31, 2013

Paleo Apple Butter



Apples right off the tree may not look all perfect like the ones in the grocery, full of pesticides and covered in wax, but you sure can make some pretty Paleo Apple Butter with them. I did it myself today.

I peeled, cored and sliced 10 local apples, cutting out any bruises or bumps. I wish now that I had peeled more than that because it cooked down SO MUCH, and it was SO GOOD!!!

Anyway, I put the apple slices into the slow cooker along with:

2 TBSP raw honey
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

I put the lid on and cooked it on high a couple of hours, and a couple of hours on low, stirring every 45 minutes to an hour. It cooked down and didn't need blending - we loved it so much! We want more ASAP.


This is a favorite photo from Ger winning the Outlaw Pro Invitational in Toronto. Beast-mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment