Monday, August 5, 2013

Cinnamon Vanilla Pecan Butter


Here are some very nice ingredients. You know beautiful, healthy ingredients make beautiful, healthy meals. They fuel us all up, whether we are just hitting WODs at the box, or running, or mountain-biking, or preparing for competitions. ( My favorite 2 athletes will be on the road the next two weekends.)
So,  I toasted 1 pound of pecan halves on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 12 minutes and then let them cool completely. The other ingredient amounts were:

1 TBSP coconut oil
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla

I put half of each on the ingredients into the food processor and let it run until it was completely smooth. (I had to scrape down the sides once.)


Then I transferred the pecan butter to a Lock-n-Lock container. Then I put the other half of the ingredients in the food processor and did the same thing. I thought about adding a tsp of raw honey, but Ger said it didn't need it, and he was right. The ingredients kick up the sweetness of the toasted pecans in a healthy, completely guiltless way!


I can attest to the fact that this stuff is great when you dip apple slices in it.
I've also been quite happy with a tablespoon of it, with 4 dark chocolate chips stuck in it.
It's a great snack. It's not a bad addition to your breakfast ideas either.


Here's a new photo of Mikko. We are all amazed at how fast he is growing and how smart he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment