Sunday, August 25, 2013

Italian Chicken with Red Cabbage


I love how Shea shared this recipe on Instagram with side by side shots. Do you follow feedinggersasser on Instagram?

When you don't have much time to cook a nice paleo meal, this might be one that you can pull off and even get compliments.
I took several healthy chicken breasts and cut them into 4-5 pieces each. I put them into a BIG skillet that had 2 TBSP coconut oil melted in it. I sprinkled the chicken with smoked sea salt, tumeric, basil, and freshly ground black pepper. I cooked them on medium until there was no pink in the chicken.

While the chicken cooked I cut up a small head of red cabbage. When the chicken was done I put the red cabbage in and stirred, letting it start to cook.

The last thing I added was a big jar of pasta sauce. (Mine was Tomato Basil and had NO SUGAR in the ingredient list. Read your labels - the pasta sauce will cost a little more, but be totally worth it.)

I put a lid on it and simmered for 10 minutes until the red cabbage was done.
You might want to splurge with a little shredded KerryGold cheese on top.....( or other cheese from grass-fed cows. Yum!)


 It didn't take long.
I had leftovers for lunch the next day.
I had one skillet to clean up.
We ate healthy fuel.
Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment