Saturday, June 29, 2013

Spinach Turkey Burgers


We are such big eaters. (Maybe it's all those back squats....) Here's another way I kept hunger at bay recently........

I chopped fresh organic spinach until I had 2 cups. I put this into a large bowl and added:

1 lb healthy ground turkey
1 tsp minced garlic   (or 2 garlic cloves, chopped)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
smoked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I mixed this up with my hands.


I put 2 TBSP of coconut oil in a skillet and made patties with the turkey burger mixture. It made 6 patties (You could get 12 slider-sized burgers) I cooked them about 6 minutes on each side.
Since I had a huge skillet, I scooted them over and warmed up the leftover red peppers and broccoli.

Then we ate lunch.
Then Ger went back for more, but there wasn't more, so I MADE MORE! (good thing I had another lb of turkey....)
He really like them, and you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment