Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Livers


I know I am on to something good when Ger says, "Mom, you didn't make nearly enough of these...." so I am planning to make them again really soon. I wasn't sure if anyone would eat them, so I made 12 and cooked the leftover chicken livers in a skillet for Daisy....I didn't tell Ger that part. But, I should have known that I can wrap bacon around about any food and this crew will eat it.

This one is so easy! I covered a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, for easy clean-up.
I poured the liquid off a container of chicken livers and laid them on paper towels.
I cut uncured bacon into halves. Then, I laid all the bacon on the cookie sheet.
Next, I laid a chicken liver on each piece of bacon. They hung over on both sides, but that's ok.
I topped each chicken liver off with 1/2 tsp Emeril's New York Deli Style All Natural Mustard,  (very clean ingredients) smoked sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.

Then, I rolled the two ends of the bacon up over the top of the chicken livers and flipped each one over so that the bacon stayed around the chicken liver. (You might want to just stick a toothpick in each one - but I was out of toothpicks...)
They went into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.  I served them on a slice of cold, fresh sliced tomato.

Some people broil their bacon wrapped chicken livers but I don't like how it changes the consistency of the liver... and makes it so dry.






No comments:

Post a Comment