Monday, June 17, 2013

Coconut Flour Cocoa Cupcakes








I mixed these dry ingredients in a small bowl:

1/2 cup coconut flour
2 TBSP dark cocoa
2 TBSP almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

I put a very small saucepan on the stove, on low, with:

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pasture butter (mine was salted - if yours isn't salted, you may want to add a tiny bit more sea salt in your dry ingredients)

I just heated this until the butter and coconut oil melted. Then I took it off the stove and let it sit a little. (You don't want to put eggs in if it's very hot)
I added these other wet ingredients to the saucepan mixture:

2 eggs
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup maple syrup (or 1/2 cup raw honey will work, but the taste has more depth with maple syrup)
2 TBSP vanilla
2 tsp apple cider vinegar (trust me.....)

I stirred this mixture up and in a few seconds, it thickened. (it's that magical coconut flour thing)
I put 12 cupcake papers in my muffin pan and then put the cupcake batter in them with a cookie scoop.

I baked at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.



I can't begin to tell you how good they were. NOW, paleo people don't eat a "treat" very often, but if you're going to have one, have a healthy one. This is a great one. I ate one, all dark and warm as soon as I could pick one up.


 Later, after dinner, we all ate them with ORGANIC COCONUT JAM spread on the top with a butter knife. It's from the company Coconut World. Kim had given me this stuff.....it's new to me...ingredients are organic coconut milk and organic coconut syrup. Well, words cannot explain how yummy that was on those paleo cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment