Sunday, February 3, 2013

Roasted Pineapple with Cinnamon


I had fresh pineapple spears in the fridge this morning. It's so cold and snowy out this morning that I didn't want to eat them cold. I decided to roast them. They were so good!

I covered a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and rubbed coconut oil on it.  I placed fresh pineapple spears on the pan. I sprinkled them with cinnamon and Dried Valencia Orange Peel. (It's a spice) I put them in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. That's it!

Maybe you could whip them up for your Super Bowl get-together. They are healthy and delicious!

You know, too many people use today's big game as an excuse to over-eat and to eat so much junk. Choose what you put in your mouth wisely. Food is your fuel for your expendable life.

5 comments:

  1. I literally just tried this recipe and it is amazing! I added a handful of pecan halves to it, just letting them roast with the cinnamon and pineapple and it turned out well.

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am out of pecans and am buying them at Sams later today. I'm going to get pineapple, too, and try that. I can never keep pecans around - I roast them and make pecan butter constantly! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe was GREAT! I even blogged about it tonight and linked back to your site. :)
    http://kaufycup.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/my-first-bountiful-basket/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaufycup (cute), Thanks for the shout-out. Your bounty looked like a great deal to me. You should definitely try my http://feedinggersasser.blogspot.com/search?q=brussels+sprouts!
    It's Paleo Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Red Grapes, and Pecans. I know that sounds weird, but it's one that people make over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete