Thursday, February 21, 2013

Grass Fed Burgers with Mushrooms


Burgers - grass-fed burgers, with chopped up chunks of portobello mushrooms and spices, cooked in a little coconut oil....Hey, who needs a bun, right?

Speaking of buns, has anyone else noticed how the bread aisle in the grocery smells different to you now? I have. Since being paleo for a few years now, whenever I have to go down the bread aisle, I can hardly breathe! There's this cloyingly sweet, bothersome smell...... it's just so wrong to me now. Have you noticed that, or is it just me?

Anyway, I took 2 packages of burger for this dinner. One was grass fed burger and one was deer burger. (You can fix yours however you want, but I like to mix my grass fed burger with deer burger to cut the game taste in the deer) I mixed it up with:
 3 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
 1 tsp smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
freshly ground pepper, to taste



I put a heaping TBSP of coconut oil in my favorite new skillet and heated it up to medium.
I formed big patties and cooked the burgers, turning once there was almost a crunch on each side. I served these beauties with fresh salsa and guacamole on top.

They were so delicious.

They are good fuel for the upcoming Open. (and Regionals, and the Games!)
 Good luck to everyone!
Fuel up!


No comments:

Post a Comment