Saturday, February 16, 2013

Paleo Cocoa Chia Cake



I do love the weekend, don't you? I love making new paleo meals and blogging them, catching up around the house, and playing with Daisy.

Today I made a Cocoa Chia Seed Cake. I like it. It's gooey and dark and warm. It's even good for you and there's no guilt whatsoever.

Here's what I did:
I took 5 eggs out of the fridge so they wouldn't be cold when I needed them in the recipe.

I measured 1 cup of water into a 2-cup measuring cup and added 4 TBSP of chia seeds. I timed them for 15 minutes, stirring often so it would become a gel, not just a clumpy mess. (Yours might want to just be clumpy at first, but keep stirring)


I rubbed coconut oil on a 9 x 12 glass baking dish.

I placed the following ingredients in a mixing bowl, stirring every time I added each thing:

the chia gel
1/2 cup dark cocoa
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
5 eggs (room temperature, remember? I whisk them in a measuring cup first)
3/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup almond meal ( I make my own and leave it a little chunky)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (nuts.com)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup goji berries, optional (nuts.com, again)

I poured the batter into the prepared dish and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
I cooled it completely on a wire cooling rack.
     

This was just what I needed on a snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment