Saturday, February 16, 2013

Paleo Pot Roast



Ger hit a huge milestone today. He snatched 275 lbs! He and Cassie both hit PRs today. Her PR snatch was 120 lbs!  They both also placed 1st in the Firebreather competition. (Jared Chamberlin took 3rd, too. How about our coaches? My little Outlaws.....)

Anyway, this pot roast is what Ger and Cassie had last night for dinner. It must be good fuel, huh? lol

It's braised to perfection. It's made happy with time, moisture, and heat. Grass fed roasts do so well with this recipe.

I took a 2 1/2 lb grass fed beef roast and browned it about 6 minutes on both sides in the dutch oven with 2 TBSP coconut oil over medium heat. I removed the dutch oven from the heat and added:

2-3 lbs organic carrots, peeled and cut
1 organic sweet onion, chopped
2 TBSP minced garlic (garlicgold.com)
1 tsp smoked sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp celery salt
2 cups basic chicken stock ( or bone broth, if you have that made...)

I put the lid on my dutch oven and took the top rack out of the oven. I put the dutch oven in there and cooked it for 3 hours at 300 degrees.

It was so tender and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment