Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Paleo Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken


Ger's quote was, "Oh, mom, this stuff is so fricking delicious!"  And, now, thanks to Alicia and Adrian Van Balen, the photo looks nice, too. Thanks, guys!

I put  1 TBSP of coconut oil, 5 Harvestland chicken breasts, and 1 cup water into the crockpot. Then I ran errands and ran to the grocery.
Then I chopped into bite-sized pieces -
 2 green peppers,
 2  16 oz containers of fresh pineapple (that's 2 pineapples if you do your own) and
1 organic sweet yellow onion.

I added these spices:
1/2 tsp ground ginger ( I've also made it with fresh ginger....wow!)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder

I stirred it all up and left it on low for the rest of the day.
It will work if you put it all in at the same time, too.

Take the time to use a crockpot - a few minutes in the morning will bring you a great dinner with no trouble at all! OR, you can prep everything into your crock the night before and place it in your fridge. Then, the next morning, take it out and put it into the crock pot cooker, plug it in and set it on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment