Friday, July 27, 2012

Beet Juice

Web MD says "Drinking Beet Juice Increases Blood Flow to the Brain and May Fight Dementia."

post-gazette.com says "British Researchers find beet juice boosts athletic performance and improves race times."

About.com's Alternative Medicine section says that beet juice lowers blood pressure, boosts exercise stamina ,and curbs inflammation.

If that doesn't convince you to try it, know that it's the big new thing for Olympic Athletes. (Google it!)
So, as I watch the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympic Games, London, 2012, I am drinking beet juice. I ordered mine from vitacost.com.  ( If you order form them, please go to vitacostrewards.com and use my email as a referral - you will get a $10 code! I will, too. My email is dinahgt@roadrunner.com. Let me know yours, too, for the referral) This is Biotta Naturals Beet Juice and it says it's for the immune system. Since I'm starting the school year next week, this is probably good timing.

Now, if you don't like beets, you won't like beet juice. I LIKE beets and this juice is good.

There may be a recipe in the immediate future with beet juice.....   (there is a Paleo Beet Juice Cake recipe on this blog now - it's cocoa flavorful)

No comments:

Post a Comment