Monday, August 13, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Pecans


These bad boys are so good! They are fast and easy with 3 ingredients. So, I took a big cookie sheet and put aluminum foil on it. I stacked a pecan half on top of a pitted date and thenwrapped it with half a piece of uncured bacon. (preservatives in meat give it a longer shelf-life, but they sure don't increase a human's life!)
 I placed them on the cookie sheet and slid them into the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, maybe a little more.

It's best to count your bacon slices, then double that number, since you will be cutting them in half. Then I always count out 28 dates and 28 pecan halves. That way I don't have "bacony" fingers going into the bag of pecans or dates if I don't have enough prepped and ready.

I've also done them with other nuts. (Check out the brazil nut Bacon Wrapped Dates on here!) I also sometimes do a few with dried apricots..... but don't eat too many of those at one sitting......

I bet you don't have leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment