Thursday, May 3, 2012

Roasted Acorn Squash




Acorn squash are filled with vitamin c, potassium, and manganese. They are a perfect healthy, low-calorie carb.
First, I cut each acorn squash in in half. I put them cut-side-down in a 9 x 12 baking pan and added almost a half-inch of water. I cooked them in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes. This makes them soft and ready.

The last thing I did was take them out of the oven and pour out the water. I turned them UP, (like in the pic) and added to each piece:
1 tsp coconut oil or pasture butter
1/2 tsp grass fed (pasture) butter  (this is optional, but so delicious)
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
cinnamon (I didn't measure - I just shook it on there!)
(macadamia nut pieces optional)

I put them back in the oven for 10 minutes. (They might done enough to just add the toppings and eat them - they'll be hot enough to melt your coconut oil)

All you need is some quality protein for another AMAZING meal!  Maybe there will some left to take to work in your lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment