Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Paleo Pork Recipes like Paleo Pork Short Ribs for the Crockpot


Meat in a crock pot made from one of our paleo pork recipes


John Rolins challenged me to come up with this one. I love a good paleo challenge!
Cavewoman brings this meat to the Halloween WOD Party.

So, here's what I did:
I rubbed the inside of my slow cooker with coconut oil.
I diced a large white onion and put it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
I laid out 4 lbs of pork short ribs, country style, and sprinkled them with:
    1/4 tsp red pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp smoked sea salt
    1/2 tsp tumeric
    freshly ground black pepper
(if you don't have all these things exactly, improvise! Hickory Bacon flavored salt would work well, too, or Liquid Smoke)

Next, I placed the ribs onto the layer of onion. It was a couple of layers.

In a medium bowl, I stirred up:
1 15 oz can of Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce
1 6 oz can of Hunt's Tomato paste with Basil and Garlic (read your labels - you don't want hidden sugar in these cans!)
2 TBSP Colevita Basalmic Vinegar
1/4 cup raw or local honey (agave nectar, if you must...)

I poured this sauce over the ribs and put on the lid. I cooked it on low for 8 hours.
It is beyond the word delicious. It is beyond stupendous. Yes. Now, go make it!




No comments:

Post a Comment