Thursday, May 24, 2012

Orange Chicken Breasts, Paleo




I rubbed my grill pan with  2 TBSP Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil. I added 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 tsp raw honey. Then I heated up the pan. I added 6 Harvestland chicken breasts. I sprinkled them with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, lemon pepper,  and 1 tsp of McCormick Valencia Orange Peel. ( buy this in the spice aisle) I cooked them til brownish, then turned them over and sprinkled a little more of the dried Valencia Orange Peel. When this side looked done, I turned them way down.

Meanwhile, in another skillet, I added 2 TBSP bacon grease ( If you don't have any, you should make bacon more often!) and 1/4 cup Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock. I added a big head of broccoli, cut up, and a package of  Tri-Color Cole Slaw. (just the shredded green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage - this saves a lot of time and is great, cooked, as a side.) I sprinkled a little basil on and put a lid on it, stirring now and then. This has a hint of stir-fry and goes very well with the orange hint in the chicken!

That's it. It smells so good and wasn't much trouble at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment