Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fresh Fruit on Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream


Now, doesn't that look refreshing and delicious? Who says when you eat paleo, you have to do without dessert? It's summertime and if it's too hot to bake a paleo cake, then I just filled a big bowl with cut-up kiwi and strawberries. Then I added blueberries, too.

I got a bowl from my oldest china and added some coconut milk ice cream ( vanilla bean) and lots of the chilled fruit. The coconut milk ice cream was just the stuff you can buy in the grocery - I know it has some thickener in it that I wouldn't eat more than a couple of times a year, but it's hot and I am trying to take it easy once in a while. I make my own stuff most of the time. I got a spoon and sat myself down!

Anyway, that hit the spot and there was no guilt. I'd meant to sprinkle cinnamon on it, but I forgot. It was perfect after turkey burgers and steamed broccoli. ( We needed good fuel for our Memorial Day Murph 2012, tomorrow at CrossFit Countdown.)


I guess there would have been some guilt with Ger.  He just ate fruit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment