Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paleo Pork Chops with Pine Nuts


This is a pic of Ger Sasser winning the second heat of the last WOD at the Central East Regionals CrossFit Competition 2012. He place 4th in this WOD and 7th overall in the toughest region on earth. Mat Chan called his muscle-ups "smooth and impressive." Ger is a very clean eater. (He hadn't had ice cream for a year, but THAT'S another story)

I put enough coconut oil to barely cover the bottom of a skillet that has a tight-fitting lid. I let it heat up on medium. Next, I placed boneless pork chops in - there were many and they all touched, but that's ok. I sprinkled them with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I placed fresh sprigs of Thyme on them all and covered them with the lid.

(While they cooked, I cut up a head of cabbage into 4 big chunks and put it in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water, a TBSP of Garlic Gold Oil, and 1/2 tsp of Greek seasoning. I put a lid on that and started cooking it on high. I stirred this now and then so the cabbage would break up.)
When the pork chops were done on one side, I flipped them over and added 3 TBSP Pine Nuts and put the lid back on. They cooked for about 10 more minutes. Then I added 1/4 cup of water and turned them down and put the lid back on. I let them cook probably 10 more minutes this way so that they would become so moist and tender!

Here's a pic. we also had leftover broccoli. You can do this. Eat clean and healthy, at home, so you know what's in your food.

A nice mustard was good on those chops. Always read the labels and check the ingredients for hidden sugars or gluten or chemically jacked-up crap that no one should be eating.

2 comments:

  1. This meal was quite delicious! I loved the hint of garlic on the cabbage and the chops were SO tender!

    ReplyDelete