Sunday, December 8, 2013

Squash Soup


It's snowing outside and there's ice under the snow. It's a Sunday and I am not going ANYWHERE today. It looks like a great day to catch up on some blog recipes and make some soup. This one is satisfying and easy.

I cooked one small organic spaghetti squash and took out the seed and stringy parts in the center. I used a fork to get out the squash and put it in a sauce pan.

I added one small can of diced tomatoes. (Sometimes I use one with chili pepper in it, for a little more heat.)
I poured one container of organic butternut squash soup into the sauce pan, along with:
1/2 tsp smoked salt
1/4 tsp red pepper
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I let that heat up slowly. When it was warm, I put it into bowls and added 1 TBSP pepitas (pumpkin seeds from nuts.com are a favorite here) and 1 tsp heavy whipping cream to each bowl.

Tell me if you think that's warm and delicious. Crumbled uncured bacon on top is also VERY special.

Eat clean whenever you can, and once in a while, have a beautiful splurge. Ger and Cassie love Grater's when they are in a city that has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment