Monday, December 16, 2013

Paleo Tomato Baked Chicken





I am looking forward to feeding Ger Sasser tonight - he's been in Sacramento for the weekend, coaching. He got home today and started coaching at Crossfit Countdown. I miss him when he's traveling. I hope he missed my cooking a little......lol.


I rubbed 1 TBSP coconut oil on a 9 x 12 glass baking dish.
Next, I cut up a red onion and placed it in the bottom of the dish.

I topped this with 6 organic chicken breasts.
Then, I combined:
 1  28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP Emeril's mustard, or other mustard with no hidden sugars
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets (garlicgold.com)

I poured this mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkled it with applewood smoked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

I put this into a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.  (Then I washed and cut up red. yellow, and orange peppers. I rubbed them in coconut oil and placed them on a baking sheet. They went into the oven, too, for 20-25 minutes of the the chicken's cooking time. See? A whole meal, healthy and EASY, and so, so good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment