Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Butter


I love having homemade toasted pecan butter around. I have a plain version and a cinnamon vanilla version on this blog already, but this week I came up with a pumpkin version - it's great with apple slices.

I toasted a lb of pecan halves in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and let them cool while I gathered my other ingredients and readied the food processor.



For each batch, I put the following ingredients into the food processor:

1  1/2 cups toasted pecans
1/4 cup organic pumpkin
1 heaping TBSP raw honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt

I ran the food processor until it was smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. I put each batch into a container that I keep in the fridge.
It's a great thing to have on hand - it's all about the prep, so we have real-food choices.

Happy Thanksgiving from Feeding Ger Sasser, me, Ger, Cassie, Isaac, Mikko, and Daisy.
(Isaac call this week the "backwards week" since we go to work 2 days and get 5 days off. Love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment