Saturday, December 28, 2013

Paleo Cherry Cobbler




Ger and Cassie are gearing up for the Great Lakes Invitational with clean eating and serious training. I wanted to have a "dessert" tonight that would be delicious AND nutritious AND incredibly good for you.....so it had to be cherries.

Did you know cherries:
1. Ease pain (like from arthritis, gout, and WEIGHT-LIFTING)
2. Are full of vitamins
3. Lower blood pressure
4. Fight cancer
5. help you SLEEP

Here's what I did:
I measured 6 cups of frozen cherries and put them into a 9 x 12 baking dish. (I'm imagining how good this will be with fresh cherries this summer.....) They thawed a little while I made the cobbler part.

In a bowl, I stirred up the following ingredients with a fork:

1/3 cup local honey (if you use raw honey, you might want to warm it a bit so it will mix better)
2/3 cup unblanched almond flour (but blanched would be fine)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup organic coconut milk from a can
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 large egg

I put this mixture on top of the cherries by big spoonfuls.

In a small glass dish I melted 4 TBSP pasture butter (Kerry Gold, from grass fed cows) and then poured it over the top of the cobbler. See?


I put it into a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Oh. My. Goodness. Ger says this one is really, really good. (and really good for you!) 




Cassie has started a blog and I hope you check it out. She's a very fine writer. SassPoff - the perfect blend!
Here's the link:


No comments:

Post a Comment