Sunday, November 17, 2013

Spice Up Your Bacon


I love to make good bacon in the oven. I put it on a baking sheet, usually with a rack, in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Some of the thicker bacon may take a just a little longer. I transfer it a plate with paper towels. And, it's just amazing. You can do other things while it's cooking AND you don't get splattered.

Bacon is always amazing. It's one of Ger's favorite foods. I have SEVERAL recipes on here for "Bacon Wrapped _________" (fill in the blank)

Sometimes, I spice things up - with spice. Have you ever made bacon and sprinkled it with chili powder right before you put it into the oven? Yum!

The photo shows bacon sprinkled with turmeric and basil. It's really good.
Another favorite is the combination of cumin and oregano.
Get creative!

Sometimes i sprinkle the bacon with Pumpkin Pie Spice, or CINNAMON. It's so good I think I have to make some right now. Here's a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment