Sunday, November 10, 2013

Roasted Delicata Squash with Blood Orange Olive Oil and Basil


Organic delicata squash is one of favorite fall flavors. They are a great choice among the many fall squash choices because they taste incredible, AND they are smaller, which makes them easier to cut. This recipe is a fast side dish that can be ready in a flash!

I covered a small baking sheet with aluminum foil.

I washed 2 organic delicata squash and sliced them longways. Then I scooped the seeds and stringy stuff out with a spoon.
Next, I cut them into 1/2  inch pieces.
I put them on the baking sheet and poured 1 TBSP Blood Orange Olive Oil (flyingolive.com) on them and rubbed them with my hands, to coat them. Then, I spread them out.
I sprinkled them with smoked sea salt, black pepper, and organic basil.

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. YUM!

If you don't have the blood orange olive oil, you can squeeze a blood orange on them along with a little olive oil or coconut oil.

And, if you are going to order anything from the Flying Olive (and they do not sponsor me...) their Black Cherry Vinegar is my favorite product. We could just about drink that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment