Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kill Cliff Chicken


You've heard of Beer Can Chicken. Maybe you've made one. Some people debunk that idea and don't think it's a good way to cook chicken.....I don't know. I just had the idea of making a Kill Cliff Chicken, and you know what? It was delicious! moist and Kill cliffy on the inside and the skin was crispy on the outside.

The first thing I did was take the top rack out of the oven so I would have room to cook the chicken.

Next I opened a can of Kill Cliff (Tasty) and drank down a third of it. Then I sat it  in the center of a 9 x 12 pan and CAREFULLY set the chicken down onto the can. I adjusted the legs to help it sit up straight without tipping over. Then I washed my hands.
I rubbed two TBSP of olive oil on the outside of the chicken. Then, you guessed it, I washed my hands.
I shook ( and threw) some Thyme, basil, smoked paprika, smoked sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper on the chicken. I put 1 tsp of pasture butter, in little pieces, onto the shoulders of the chicken, so it would melt and run down.

I VERY CAREFULLY put the pan into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. My chicken was just over 4 and a half lbs. If your chicken weighs a little less, try checking it at 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I very carefully took it out of the oven, so I wouldn't spill it or knock it over. I let it rest for 5 minutes, then turned the chicken sideways and slid the Kill Cliff out of the cavity. I poured the Kill Cliff over the chicken.
 It was really good! I hope you try it soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment