Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vegetables with Rosemary


People are always saying to me how good I look for my age. Sometimes, in the same conversation, they say that they really don't have any time to cook or eat healthy foods. Some of them....connect the dots here, some don't. No one has time. Everyone's busy. BUT, some things are just so very important to your quality of life. (things like eating paleo and working out..... Confession time - I have been so busy with my job-change, I haven't been getting to the box to Crossfit - but see? It's an excuse. There has to be a way to keep getting that into my schedule!) So, let's all encourage each other to keep on keeping on!

This is quite a delicious blend of vegetables and would go with about any meat you might be having.

I peeled 5 big organic carrots and put them into a skillet with 1 TBSP organic coconut oil and 1/4 cup of organic chicken stock. I simmered the carrots until they were tender.

Nest, I broke one bunch of asparagus and threw the pieces into the skillet, along with a handful of sun-dried tomatoes and one sprig of fresh rosemary.
I added 1 tsp of smoked sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
I put a lid on it and let it simmer on medium-low for about 10 more minutes, until done.

It was so fresh and delicious. Who doesn't love the smell of fresh rosemary?

No comments:

Post a Comment